Chapter 6: Working with Sellers
« Lesson 4: Open Houses »
Open houses are a great way to market your listing, but also a great way to get new buyers. Advertise your open house for at least 3 days on Zillow and social media for the best traffic. Also hang an Open House sign rider on your post.
When you’re holding the open
- Turn on all lights.
- Open all window blinds.
- Set the thermostat to a comfortable temperature or open windows and doors if it’s a nice day.
- Greet everyone at the door, make sure they remove their shoes.
- Introduce yourself and let them know they can take a look around and let you know if they have any questions.
- Don’t creep around behind them the whole time, but make sure you know where they are and are listening to see if you can add anything or answer questions.
- Let them know about any cool features, updates, etc of the house.
- Ask them to fill out openhouse_signup.
- Thank them for stopping and if they don’t have an agent, give them your card and let them know you’d love to help them find a place.
- Before you leave, make sure the house is secure. Lights off, windows and doors closed and locked, thermostat set back where it was, etc.
- Follow up! Let your seller’s know how it went and follow up with anyone who left contact info or was interested in the house.
© Copyright 2018, Brick & Banister Real Estate Co.
Properties are provided courtesy of the Regional MLS of Minnesota, Inc., Broker Reciprocity Database.
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. ©2018 Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota, Inc. All rights reserved.